Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Christmas

Hello everyone! Laura here from Laura's Crafts & More...This week the DT is making projects with Sparkle & Shine! I used a glass ornament and filled the inside with melted crayons! I saw this on TV the other day and couldn't wait to try it! I have done the glitter & acrylic paint, but never melted crayons! It was really simple & came out so pretty! For this one I used red, green & white crayons....and for my stamp I used "Merry Christmas" from Wintery Puns :)



To make these, you need to take the paper off the crayons and break into small pieces (I used my scissors) place in the ornament & using your heat gun (or blow dryer) heat the crayons and as they melt twirl the ornament to get a good coverage. **Ornaments will obviously be HOT...USE GLOVES!!!** 

I found that colors that are too close together (like bright pink & purple) didn't "swirl" very well....but go ahead & try these with your favorite colors! They are fun & turn out gorgeous! 

The DT is going on Christmas break next week, so I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!! 

To see ALL of Joy's amazing stamp sets and to see her awesome bundle prices click HERE! 


Thanks for stopping by and stop by my blog anytime to see more pictures & details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment